Saturday, May 29, 2004

JESUS CHRIST is the author of a number of popular self-help books and recipe collections. He lives in Berkeley with his wife and their three children.

FAFBLOG: This is a really delicious corndog Jesus.
JESUS CHRIST: Yeah, I like corndogs.
FB: Y'know I heard that in California they have these corndog stands where they will make a corndog for you right there, fresh on a stick, and it is a fresh corndog, and it is the most delicious thing in the world?
JC: That's gotta be a damn tasty corndog.
FB: It is the Shangri-la of all corndogs. Now Jesus what do You think about gay marriage?
JC: In my time I was strongly opposed to the practice of divorce. Divorce is rampant in America between heterosexual couples. I don't understand how barring more couples from marrying is "defending" marriage.
FB: That sounds kinda squishy Jesus.
JC: Maybe it is.
FB: Intelligent Design is the latest hippest craze sweepin our schools. Should we replace teachin natural selection with Intelligent Design, or teach them both next to each other?
JC: I think natural selection itself seems like a pretty intelligent design.
FB: You are not givin me a lot of red meat here Jesus.
JC: I'm sorry.
FB: You would never make it on Hardball is all I'm sayin. Jesus who do You like in the next election?
JC: I really don't like giving political endorsements, Fafnir.
FB: C'mooooon Jesus! I wanna know who God wants me to voooooote for!
JC: I'd rather not. I'm actually a big supporter of the separation of church and state. Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and give unto God that which is God's.
FB: Does that which is God's include a preference for John Kerry's veep pick?
JC: No.
FB: Awwwww.
JC: Y'know, Fafnir, a lot of people really got the wrong idea about me when I came here. They thought I was all about gaining temporal power, about building a kingdom on earth. But it was the devil who offered me the opportunity to rule the world, and I turned that down. I told my followers that I wasn't there to build an empire, but even after I died they fought wars to expand empires that ruled in my name.
FB: So what is Your position on the Iraq war Jesus? Does the Holy Spirit have an exit strategy?
JC: I think you're missing the point. Acquiring earthly power for the sake of the church, making laws in my name - it's the last thing I want. I told them my kingdom was not of this world.
FB: Is it on the moon?
JC: It's -
FB: 'Cause we're goin to the moon again Jesus!
JC: [sighs]
FB: It'll be awesome!
JC: Yes, Fafnir. My kingdom is on the moon.
FB: That's so great! Jesus and the moon, together at last. Are there robots in the kingdom of heaven, Jesus?
JC: Sure. Why not.

Labels:

posted by fafnir at 4:46 AM




0 Comments:

minifafblog!

about Fafnir
about Giblets
about the Medium Lobster
about Fafblog

fafblog of christmas past

the whole world's only source for archives

world of piefablesdissatisfactiongreat moments in history

posts most likely to succeed


mostly blogosaurs



Fafshop! the whole world's only source for Fafshop.





Powered by Blogger Site Meter