Thursday, April 7, 2005

I'm Fafnir today just like always, but just like always I am also the elk. Not just any elk, or your favorite elk, or the elk president. Today I am all of the elk. Today I roam the land in herds, thunderin across the grassy plains. But first I will have to find exact change.

"State Street please," I says to the driver when the bus opens up. It takes a while for me to get on board on accounta there's a whole lotta me. Some of me are too big to fit through the door, so I just gallop along the route while the rest of me reads the paper inside.

For lunch today I think I'll have some grasses an shrubs, or some pizza. I am watchful for predators and notice the bear at the local Starbucks but it is occupied with smaller prey and for the moment can be safely ignored. Tomorrow I will be an emu, or a squircle, or the Establishment Clause, or an elk, and won't be as worried about elk things. But today I am the elk, and I thunder across the grassy plains.
posted by fafnir at 2:25 PM




0 Comments:

minifafblog!

about Fafnir
about Giblets
about the Medium Lobster
about Fafblog

fafblog of christmas past

the whole world's only source for archives

world of piefablesdissatisfactiongreat moments in history

posts most likely to succeed


mostly blogosaurs



Fafshop! the whole world's only source for Fafshop.





Powered by Blogger Site Meter