Friday, May 28, 2004

Two of my favorite bloggers, chili dog magnate Kevin Drum and misunderstood comic book dictator Von, have an argument goin about troop levels in Iraq and whether more troops and better planning could have helped salvage the war. Its a very good read, and Von is very right about the religion and money part (The main problem with peace is gettin people fat and happy. All things being equal people would rather stay fat and happy than be starving, miserable, and at righteous war with the enemies of God).

The part that gets me angry is about troops. Everybody says we need more troops and we in fact do not have any more troops. Everybody hates the draft so that is right out. So what are we left with? Easy - cloning! Why are we not cloning our troops to create a vast army of super experienced clone troops? Because of pressure from Republicans and Democrats to ban human cloning!

For shame, Republicans and Democrats! I wept when I learned I could not have a tiny miniature T. Rex all my own. I wept when I learned I could not have, say, fifty or sixty other Fafnirs to stock our next beach party. And I weep now for our national security. Your backwards superstitious ways have wounded America once again.
posted by fafnir at 12:12 PM




0 Comments:

minifafblog!

about Fafnir
about Giblets
about the Medium Lobster
about Fafblog

fafblog of christmas past

the whole world's only source for archives

world of piefablesdissatisfactiongreat moments in history

posts most likely to succeed


mostly blogosaurs



Fafshop! the whole world's only source for Fafshop.





Powered by Blogger Site Meter